Sunday, May 23, 2010

catch that cold

Ain't life a bitch
Last week I arrived at a sunny, blossoming Moscow and in just two days I got sick... not normal sick mind you, the kind that makes you unable to get out of bed just to go to pee.

I was looking forward to picnics, open air sports, walk arounds and going to Botanicheski Sad for some urban sketching. Now, I can go to the kitchen in 5 minutes, holding on to the walls.

Is this catching cold thing getting bigger lately or is it just me? (sneezing my reason away gradually...maybe). Countless people I know is sick these days and they all have the same shit. I hear "I used to get better on antibiotics, even if I don't, it would take me a week at most to heal. Now it's taking weeks for me to recover. Am I getting older?" I don't know how many times I listened to that sort of complaints.


For those who live in Moscow, (I don't know about the rest, I have no means of observation, plus I don't care that much)-(cranky when sick) getting sick is so common that nowadays we receive the news of a person catching a cold like it is a mosquito bite; "what else is new"...

It seems to me that catching a cold is easy when you move to a country where your definition of cold is not the same with the locals. It is amazing how being brought up in a certain way can affect your way of thinking what is normal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but tell me: is it normal to keep your coat, fur hat and your woolen scarf on when you enter a 28 degree metro station? Ok, the weather might be -20 outside, but when you walk into the station, it feels like a Turkish hamam! I begin taking some things out, just to keep looking not-so-foreign, then I cannot stand for long and take my coat, gloves, scarf and hat off and carry them around with me like a fool. Russian people don't, instead they come in and go out the same as if they are weather-resistant. I understand the tolerance to cold but they also have tolerance to hot. Maybe they are nonconductive...hmm

It is a dead end, we cannot be like them. It is both their physique and upbringing, both cannot be modified.

What we can do is first ACCEPT the fact that WE ARE DIFFERENT, so we should BE WEARING MORE.

I wanna add that we don't eat well here, we should take some vitamins as well. But who has the consistency to do so.

Ok I'm bored and going away from the computer. I remembered that I am in fact still sick. Downloading Lost and Sherlock Holmes (gonna see some Robert Downey maaan)

Stay tuned to hear from grumpy zenushka
^_^
kisses to all
take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

whaty'a think